Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 069 Ping


Dear Helene, Fred and Elyse,

How are you? I wish I could thank you face to face! I’m so excited now, for I can write this letter and finally say what is in my heart. I was so happy when I was told that I got a scholarship. At the same time, I also realized that many kind-hearted people put their hopes on me.

My middle school passed by as quickly as a blink. Now that I am in high school, I found time is flying more quickly. In middle school, it was the dream of going to high school that inspired me to make every effort. For children born in rural villages, who had poor living conditions, it was clear that education is the only option if we want to leave the mountains, pay our parents back and change our fate. When I was a child, I was eager to grow up so that I could earn money. It is very important to me that my family lives a happy life. In addition, I would like to give a helping hand to whoever needs it. These are the things that motivated me to enter high school.

When I got the enrollment letter, I felt my high school life was within my reach. This had always been so mysterious and desirable. But would my family’s economic situation prevent me from walking ahead? I began to wonder if I should continue studying. My mind went blank and my future was uncertain. Where should I go?

Fortunately, I learned that there were scholarships available in this school. If I could get a scholarship, it would relieve my family’s burden. At last, I got the scholarship. I was full of confidence but I also knew responsibilities followed. I should not let these kind-hearted and selfless people down. It is my duty to work hard and meet your expectations.

My parents are getting older and older and I’m afraid one day they will leave me alone. I just want to honor my parents as soon as possible and let them enjoy their rest time. This is one of the things that keep me motivated. We are the buds of the motherland and the hopes of both our parents and the motherland. I am confident about myself so please have confidence in me. I’ll never make you disappointed. I want to be kind-hearted and loving just as you are. I plan to make contributions to my hometown.

I really appreciate that you cared and gave financial aid to me. Thank you for letting me feel how beautiful the world is! I still remember a song that goes, “If everyone gives love, our world will become a paradise.” Wherever I go, I will keep in mind that there are kind people and a wonderful organization that gave me assistance, motivation and hope. Thank you! I wish you happiness and health. Thank you so much!

Yours sincerely,

Ping