Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 044 - Xing Lin


Dear Lili,

Hello! I really appreciate your help! It allows me to make it through all of my difficulties and continue my education. For us, education is very important. When I was young, I had a dream. My dream was to leave my poor village with my parents and move into a big, bustling city. In order to go to a better high school and to make my dream come true, I tried really hard during my junior high school years. The results turned out just the way I hoped. I got into the school I always wanted to be in! That made me feel really excited. It is very significant for a child who lives in the mountains to attend such a great school.

Now, I am already a senior one student and I have another big dream. Take a wild guess. Do you know what it is? Well, I think you can keep a secret. This big dream of mine is to go to college and become a teacher in the future. I have always wanted to do this job. After I graduate, with my education, I can lead the people in my hometown so they can walk out of illiteracy and poverty.

You really have no idea how deeply grateful my family and I were when we received the news that you would help me continue my education! It made us all cry… really! We don’t know how we can ever thank you!

Although we have never seen each other, I know that you must be a very kind and lovely girl. Finally, I give my best blessings to you and your family and wish you happiness every day, good studies and a joyful family!

Best wishes and lots of love,

Xing Lin