Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 067 Yun Fen

Dear Joan and Pete,

Hello there! Thank you for your help! It’s you who enabled a small bird who lost her wings to fly high again. On July 2nd, 2009, I finished the high school entrance exam and went home. On July 16th, I went back to my school to get my grades report. There I learned that I was admitted to this high school. I was very glad that I was admitted and I could leave my small and remote village and set my foot on the road to a bright new world.

Upon arrival at my home, I told my mum I tested into this high school. My mother was very glad and said: “How wonderful are you?! You got accepted to this high school.” Thinking about me attending high school, my mother was worried about the tuition. (She didn’t say so, but I could tell.) Though both my parents were worried about my tuition fees, my father said, “Since you’ve tested into the school, just go and attend. Don’t worry about other things.” In tears, I said, “Dad, how shall we get money for tuition? Should I abandon my studies?” But my father said, “It’s an important choice. Your choice of attending school means a new way for your life. No matter what obstacles you encounter, you should keeping going on that road. Don’t worry about tuition; I will earn it for you bit by bit by doing odd jobs everyday. You should study hard. Don’t live a life as we do. Don’t let us down.”

My teacher told me about the scholarship and helped me to get your help. At first, I didn’t understand the meaning of scholarship. After Alma’s explanation, I know that scholarships are a help to those who face dropping out and the money is donated by kind people who seek nothing in return. It’s those people who help students in need realize their dreams and release them from the burden of living expenses.

I am very glad that I can continue my studies. I understand more about love; with your love and care. I will study hard and achieve my ambitions. My hope is to test into the China University of Political Science and Law. My goal is to serve society and to surpass my dreams.

When I succeed in the future, I will thank you, my family and fellow villagers by giving help to people in need and passing on the love you have shown to me. I’ll let everyone know that there is love, light and warmth in the world. And I will never forget those who helped me.

Sincerely thanks!
Yours,

Yun Fen