Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 030 - Ling


Dear Olivia and Julia,

I haven’t written for a while. Everything here has been good recently, so let me tell you something about my hometown. I come from a place that is surrounded by mountains. There is a river in front of my house, too. The environment is very good and all of the people around me are friendly. There are flowers everywhere. It feels very relaxing to be there amidst the trees. In autumn some nice plants show their beauty, it becomes colorful all around. It seems like every corner is talking aloud in this natural landscape and there are many animals too! You are welcome to come visit some day.

The only problem for me is that my hometown is too far and I can’t go home that often. I can only go home once or twice a year. When I see all the students going home to their families on Saturday, I feel really homesick. The school becomes a really lonely place, as only about a dozen of us stay on the weekends. I am really happy that this semester will soon be over, so I can go home and stay with my parents for a while!

Here is a little poem for you:
So near and yet so far
A silky rain is falling down
As the flowers wither
Nobody around me
Only a starling in the sky

The wind is blowing softly
While leaves fall down, back to their roots
The autumn wind is merciless
As our worries become spirits

The cuckoo lets out his cry
Turns his head gazing far
At the lotus that sounds like a harp
The lonely cries of the spirits
The snow fell down and the dust can’t move

It doesn’t matter
On whose strong shoulder we lean
In my dreams I kissed the sleeping beauty
So near and yet so far

I’ll write back again, goodbye!


I wish you all the best and a healthy life!

Merry Christmas!


Ling