Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 025 - Dedan


Dear Parker and Cian,

Hello! How have you been lately? Christmas is coming up so I wish you all a merry Christmas.

We had a break for a couple of days so I went to work with my mom. During the holidays, there was one really memorable event that happened. My friend and I went to a lake and the water there was extremely pure and clear. We were having a lot of fun along the side of the lake but just when things seemed to be going perfectly, my friend fell into the lake! I didn’t know what to do then, but luckily there was a man passing by and he helped pull her out of the water. When she got out, she said to me, “Wow, I am so lucky!”

When I am free, I like to venture into the fields of a small nearby village because it has such a peaceful atmosphere. Despite the village being old and poor, it has amazing scenery. In these beautiful fields, you can hear birds chirping and singing their songs. There are many different kinds of crops and plants such as corn and onions. The field is like the mother of these crops and it nourishes all the plants that are grown on it as if they were her own children.

I am now only a few months away from my college entrance exams so I am preparing myself for a long journey. I wake up at 6:20 every morning and go to sleep at 12:30 every night. Every day, I review all the things I have learned over and over again just so I can do well in this exam. I believe that only those who push hard will do well because they are not afraid to try and overcome any obstacles in their way. Also, I think it is a privilege to be given the chance to fight for something like this.

Three years have passed in a blink of an eye but time will never wash away the deep friendship that exists between us. I would like to say thank you very much one more time and wish you peace and happiness.

Dedan