Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 058 ~ Mei

Dear Carmen,

I really appreciate receiving your help. It’s your compassion that allows me to feel humanity’s warmth and greatness. I am eighteen years old, I live in Yunnan and I am in my first year of senior high school.

Because of my family’s poor financial situation and the poverty in my village, I made up my mind to study as hard as I could so that I could change my destiny. I studied really hard in junior high school so I would be able to go to this school.

However, after I was accepted to this senior high school, I saw how hard my parents tried to work to try to pay the expensive tuition. I was so sad that it made me feel pangs in my heart. When I received your scholarship, I was really touched. I appreciate that you not only gave me financial assistance but also your love and concern.

If the day came when I wasn’t able to go to school anymore, I can’t even imagine what I would do. I really needed to receive a good education. I hope this education can provide me an opportunity to work to improve myself. I hope I can study hard in this environment and pass through life in senior high school successfully.

My aim is to be admitted to a top university. After I realize this dream, I will work hard to earn money and help others who are in need. I also hope I can see you one day and say thank you to you in person. You have really helped me a lot.

If I realize my dream one day, I will use my ability to help my fellow citizens. To help get rid of poverty and to help people walk into happiness. I will also do my best to help those who are excellent in character and learning but are poor teenagers.

Christmas is coming and I hope you have a happy Christmas time and live happily and abundantly.


Yours Sincerely,

Mei