Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 127 ~ Jie Ping


Dear Portsmouth High School Students,

When you open this letter, I hope you’ll smile happier than happy dolls (this is supposed to be a Chinese rhyme). As they say, “Time passes as fast as an arrow.” Now, I know they aren’t so wrong. Summer is over and school started a while back, but memories from summertime are still fresh in my mind. It wasn’t until after my summer holiday started, that I realized my interest in joining the summer camp program run by people from America. This goal now acts as a motivation for me to study harder in my English classes. I also want to improve my English because if I don't, I won’t be able to communicate with you as well. On those days when I work extra hard, I can feel your friendship and the kindness of your gift and it allows me to feel much better.

During the summer, I always help my family with farming. Although it is very tiring and I always feel so dirty after it, I am still very willing to help my family. This is because it makes me feel proud of myself. I am proud because I contributed my effort and hard work for the benefit of my family, easing their burden and their workload. Even though I am not that strong, at least I made a difference! Little changes can sometimes accumulate and become a bigger change.

School has begun again and the pressure has started all over again. Yet I am not afraid because I consider pressure to be motivation! I am getting closer and closer to my high school final exams (the college entrance exams) and I need to keep working hard! And so should you. Keep up the good work! Good luck on your exams!

Here’s a smiley face for you, wishing that you smile every day and be happier each day! Your gift is like the prettiest sun and the sun is warm and smiling!

Jie Ping