Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 118 ~ Min


Dear Jean Jackson,

How are you doing?! I am very happy to write to you and communicate with you. You have supported me for almost three years, but I have never met you. I am very curious to know what you do, what you look like, what your interests are… Sometimes I really wish I could meet you face to face and thank you for all your help. Thank you for helping me so that I could study without any worries all these years. I really appreciate it.

I was born in a small village in the countryside. My parents are farmers. I have a sister and an older brother. My sister was married and has her own baby now. My brother-in-law supports their family. My brother doesn’t have a job, so he couldn’t help me. My father has a bad back, so he can only work for a very short time. Therefore, my mother needs to do most of the housework. I couldn’t have completed my education without your help.

Fortunately, my uncle sent me to sports school to learn how to play badminton. With this skill, I think it’ll be easier for me to go to college. Since I need to practice playing badminton, my grades are not as good as my classmates. I should try to balance my studies and badminton training. I also miss out on school activities because I often needed to go out for competitions. I didn’t go to the summer camp last year, because I went to Suzhou to attend the nationwide badminton tournament on behalf of our school. Fortunately, I was awarded outstanding achievement in the competition. We won all the gold medals, including the doubles, singles and groups. I am so happy that I have earned a good reputation for our school and myself. The achievement made me feel more confident. I believe I’ll have a promising future.

With your help, I can develop my skills. In these three years, I have learned a lot. I made lots of good friends. I felt happy even though the classes were hard. I always fight for my dreams. The most important thing I learned is what you taught me; people should learn how to share with others and love other people. This is the wealth you gave to me. I don’t know how to repay you. All I can do is study hard and show you my achievements. I don’t know how to express my appreciation to you by words. I would like to say thank you, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your help in the three years.

I would also like to know more about you. For example, what are you good at? Do you have long hair or short hair? Maybe I won’t have a chance to meet you in my life, but I am still curious what you look like. I would like to meet you if there is any chance. Would it be possible to send me your photo? Chinese people believe that relationships between each other are controlled by god. There are so many people need help. But it’s you who supported me for such a long time. It means that we have a special relationship. I have too many words and stories to tell you. I am very curious about you, but I still want to thank you again. Thank you.

Yours,
Min

Note: Min has become so good at badminton, that she will almost certainly be accepted to a good university! Without your help, none of this would have been possible. Thank you!