Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 050 - Long Juan


Dear XXX Family:

Thank you very much for sponsoring me!

When I was studying in junior high school, the only thing that encouraged me to keep learning and to do my best in everything was that I wanted knowledge to change my destiny. Born into a poor family, I did not complain about anything. On the contrary, I thought it was a blessing because I know that heaven gives challenges to those who have the strength. Maybe heaven is testing my patience and perseverance and I think that this is a priceless treasure to me. Now, I face challenges bravely and try to make myself stronger.

When I received the acceptance letter for senior high school I was glad, but also a little distressed about the tuition. I planned to drop out and make some income for my family, but my parents stopped me and tried to borrow money to pay for my school fees. With all of the difficulties my family has faced, I felt full of contradictions inside.

When I learned that I was one of the people who won a scholarship, I was moved and full of appreciation. This is really significant for a poor student like me. I think I can finish my education and with the support of all of the people in my community, I can break away from poverty and change my family and my village. After the three years of high school, I hope that I can test into an ideal university and return the care you have shown to me by helping others in my community. If everyone can dedicate a little love, the world will be as beautiful as heaven.

May your wishes come true and blessings on your family.

Yours,

Long Juan