Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 120 ~ Xiongping


Dear Graves Family,

Hello. It’s been a while since I wrote to you.

Please allow me to tell you more about my life. I am in my senior year, the last year of high school. My studies are getting more competitive and we are all preparing for next year’s exams.(The college entrance exams.) My life revolves around dorm, cafeteria and classroom. Although life is a bit dull, there are still glimpses of joy. Every day in my school, we are all preparing for our future exams through countless exercises. Although some of the problems we could not find an answer to on our own, we always resolve them through an intense debate.

Let me tell you something interesting. Our physics teacher is a very old fashioned teacher. There was this one time when a lot of my classmates did poorly on a test because they were careless and the teacher said, “Why are your hearts so careless?” He compared studying to someone being consulted by a doctor. The student is the patient, while the teacher is the doctor. The medicine the teacher prescribes for the student is a knowledge bank and requires us to “take it on time and daily. This way it can help us reinforce what we’ve learned.”

I hope I will do very well on my exam next year and make it to honor roll. When I do, I’ll make sure I’ll deliver the good news to you. If I successfully enter into a college of my dreams, then I will pursue my dream to become a doctor just like I told you in my last letter. I hope I can help find cures for incurable diseases, especially for my parents. I hope they can be healthy and live a good life.

If I have a chance to go somewhere, I would definitely go to Greece. I also want to go to your house to personally thank you for supporting me all this time.

Thank you,

Xiongping