Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 059 ~ Lin


Dear Hannah,

Hello! I am very thankful for the financial help you gave me. With your help, I can tell that love and warmth are omnipresent.

When I was in junior high, my motivation for learning was the poverty of my family. For a kid from the countryside, the only way to rid yourself from poverty is to study hard. It’s also a way that I can repay my parents. I want to honor my parents by studying hard. I want them to know that their sweat didn’t flow in vain. For all of these reasons, I had the motivation to get into this high school.

Fortunately, just when I first got into this high school, I learned of your financial help. Because of your help, I’m more confident in my life. I know that there are some kind-hearted people silently supporting and encouraging me. Maybe this is the most genuine love in the world! I will cherish and preserve this love carefully and use it to repay the people who helped me in the only way I can - by getting good grades.

If I had not been able to go to school anymore, I would have been very upset because I had such a strong desire to go to school. I wanted to learn a lot of information, meet a lot of new people and enrich my life by going to school. If you saw others at the same age as you going to school happily but you can’t, you would be overwhelmed with sorrow.

I always believed that knowledge changes destiny so I’ll make this a motive and continue to strive for success. Now my goal is to be admitted to a good university. My dream is to become a teacher and pass my knowledge to many students and foster many competent people in my county.

After I graduate from school, I’ll change my family and village if I have the ability. I will never forget the people who have helped me and I’ll try my best to repay them.

May I get a photo of you and your mother? Thank you for your help.

I wish you and your family have a nice day and that you live happily ever after.

Sincerely,

Lin