Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 016 - Hao Run


Dear Susan,

I am so glad to be able to write another letter to you. I am currently a Senior and will be graduating from high school. When I became a Senior, I realized that my life has changed and it is not the same as before. As I reminisce about my first two years, I remember that I had more time to finish my work and to study for my tests. I would even have some leisure time to allow myself to relax and relieve my stress. However, when I became a Senior, I realized that a life of a Senior can be hectic. Sometimes work piles up and I have lost the leisure time I had previously. I truthfully feel that a Senior experiences more challenging obstacles, but these obstacles are what allows us to get more and more out of our lives.

During our last holiday, I did not have a lot of time to rest because I spent most of my summer holiday at school. I used more of my time studying and I left a very small portion of my time to relax. As odd as it may seem, I actually had quite a fun time at school because I learned and experienced a lot. At times, I would only return home after a couple of weeks to help my parents with their farming or doing chores around the household. Our special product of agriculture is corn, potato and apples. Needless to say, we will welcome you as a guest at any time.

In this semester, I feel that my English has improved because in the past I would not do as well in English at school. However, I have seen a significant improvement. I have developed an interest in English class especially when my teacher gives us lectures.

On another note, a beautiful and breathtaking environment surrounds our school. I like to enjoy every minute outside when I am outside of a classroom. I also like to relax myself by playing badminton with my friends.

For the rest of the year, I will prepare for the “End of Term” exams (the college entrance exams.) I will make use of my time to fully prepare myself. I wish to do well on these exams and have set this goal for myself. As hard as the process may be, I will never give up and will keep studying until the end. Christmas is arriving soon, so I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Yours Sincerely,

Hao Run