Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 034 - Tai Zhou


Dear XXX Family,

Hello! I am the student you are helping in Yunnan. My name is Tai Zhou. My home is in a small city in northeast Yunnan. I really thank you for helping me. I am in my second year of high school now and will be graduating next year.

Last year, when the high school entrance exam results were sent to me, I was extremely excited. At that time, my mood was really golden. My neighbor told me that this high school is very hard. It made me shiver, but I wasn’t afraid. I just decided to focus on my heart’s goal.

I was excited to go to this school, but when I thought about taking my parents’ hard earned money, it really affected me. I was really very heartbroken. I needed to overcome this difficulty. I knew I must somehow use my achievements to pay back my parents.

When I learned of this scholarship program, I was quite relieved because a large burden had been taken off of my parents’ shoulders. But now, it increases your burden. My heart thanks you. With your help with tuition, I have self-confidence and a new life to look forward to.

From now on, I want to work hard toward my goals. In the future, I want to pay back my parents and pay back all the people that helped me. When I have the ability, I would also like to give someone a helping hand like you have given me. I want to give warm sunshine to those people that I help.

Thanks to you all!

I wish you good fortune, beauty and happiness every day.

Tai Zhou