Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 041 - Qian


Dear Hannah and Olivia:

Thank you for your letter. I’m very happy that you wrote to me. I am very touched. I have seen your photos and you seem like two beautiful and energetic girls. Your pictures remind me of my own childhood. I was so pure at that time.

The things that give me strength and keep me studying so hard are the unconditional love of my parents and the encouragement and expectations of my friends and relatives. I think that I am very lucky because I know there are many people in this world who care about me. So, I’m not only working hard for myself but also for my family and for society! Actually, when I first began to attend high school, I was curious about everything. I also thought that high school was a bit difficult. Now I have fallen in love with my new teachers, my new classes and my classmates here.

If I wasn’t able to receive a full education and wasn’t able to finish high school, I think I would have been very depressed. This is because I love life. I love to learn. I don’t want to be “blind” in this new era. Just like you said in your letter to me, I am China’s future, so I will dedicate my actions and efforts to my country and society!

As for my scholarship, I think that if I didn’t work so hard for it, then I would feel guilty to receive it. But I did work hard for it, so maybe I deserve it. When I learned that I received the scholarship, I was very happy. Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for your encouragement. I sincerely give you my thanks. I think that education defines a person and a country’s destiny. Higher education can raise a person’s morale. Without education, a person is incomplete.

Since I was little, I have dreamed of attending college and of becoming a scientist. If I can graduate, then I would help my parents earn money, help my little brother and little sister achieve their dreams and raise the level of science and culture in my county. If I earn a lot of money, I will help people in need.

I want to tell you, “Thank you! I love you!” I wish you health and happiness.

Qian