Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 111 ~ Xiaolin

Dear Hannah and Lily,

How are you? I was so excited when I got your letter! Thank you so much for the all the care you’ve given me. It’s been a while since school started. How has it been for both of you? Have you been having any trouble with your studies? I hope not! If you do, I’d like to hear about your school.

I’m doing well, thanks for asking. I’m now in what we call the upper third grade, which is the last year of high school. There have definitely been good times and bad so far. Academics-wise, math is my hardest subject. I don’t know if it’s just that I don’t have the right talent for math or because of some other reason. I can never manage to do well. I’m starting to worry that I might not get into a university, but I’m definitely going to do all I can to improve and do well so that I don’t let you down. I like learning a lot so I really hope that I can continue school after high school. Recently, whenever I have any trouble at all with math, I don’t hesitate to go ask my teacher or classmates for help. Do you think I can do it?

If I don’t end up getting in to university, I’ll go find a job. I’m hoping to find a job that isn’t too intense, like working in textiles or clothing factory. Being a teacher is my dream, but my language skills and ability to express myself aren’t strong enough quite yet. Ha ha, don’t laugh at me! Besides going to school, my friends and I like to play badminton, basketball, go hiking, etc. Like you, I do sports often, so that I can stay healthy. The weather is getting cold, remember to wear more clothes to keep yourselves warm!

I wish you all the success in school and the best of health!

From,

Xiaolin