Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 038 - Long Mei


Dear Ellen,

Hello! I was overjoyed to receive your mail! How are you now? I think of you so much. I hope that someday I can travel to the USA to see you.

Now, I like to daydream a lot. If I had a farm, I would live there and call it “The House of Happiness.” From the house, I could see lots of meadows. In my home there would be animals and a pavilion. Beside it, there would be lots of flowers and grass as well as a clean stream with some little fish. This is what I dream for, my happy house.

During the past summer, I was full of joy every day. Because the weather was hot, I stayed in my home during the day listening to music. One time I went to the zoo with my friends. The most joyful night was the torchlight festival on June 24th. On that night, everyone took a torch, gathered and danced together. Everyone talked together for a long time. When it was time to leave, we used the remaining fire to heat water for washing our faces. This is the Chinese torchlight festival tradition and that night was my happiest night.

The short summer passed by quickly and a new semester began. I wanted to excel in my studies, review all the things I forgot over the summer, put away all my worries and have a fresh start.

At first, when I began at this school I complained, but now I enjoy studying here. My home is near the school so I can ride my bike to school. During the summer, I enjoyed the scenery by the river. During fall, I saw lots of crops. Every time I go home, I am happy. When I reach home, my mother is usually done making dinner. This gives me happiness and also motivation to study. In school, my favorite subject is English, but I really dislike math. I feel it is very hard and not interesting. My favorite teacher is my English teacher. He is funny. Even though he gets frustrated with us sometimes, we still like him for our teacher.

Since two weeks ago, it has been wintertime. The weather was terrible and the roads were covered with snow. Outside our school, there was some kind of accident. Now many places have people who have the H1N1 virus, including some of our classmates. The cold was serious but nobody gave up. Instead, we became more hard-working. Now the weather is getting a little warmer. During the weekend, I play basketball or badminton or soccer. I love soccer the best because it helps me relax.

Now, we are preparing for a Christmas party. There will be a lot of shows, including Chinese comic dialogues, dramas and games. Everyone will participate in it. I believe it will be a successful party.
I think that if I have the opportunity, I would like to go to the USA to learn more, especially about medicine. I’d like to be able to help more people. I don’t want to see people who have no money give up treatment. So, my dream is to be a doctor.

Finally, thank you for your encouragement and help. I will study hard and won’t let you down!

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Long Mei