Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 023 - Yan


Dear Ali and Julia,

How are you?

Time is like flowing water. Almost three years of my education have passed already. The hard days of preparing for the college entrance examinations will soon come to an end. I am so grateful I had you to help me. It was you who used the warmth of an honest heart to melt away the cold of the winter. It was you who used the most sincere of affection to move us. With your help, I can finally successfully complete my high school education.

My summer wasn’t all happy. During the holidays, I took extra classes so I had to prepare homework and review my lessons every day. However, my holidays in the past were spent working. In my working life, I also acquired a lot of life experience and common sense. I hope if there comes a day when I am working in a factory, I will also get more work experience and develop skills. I like my life in this rural area and I hope someday I can create a tool that will help save labor and time to make life easier here.

But, our life in school is quite colorful. Even though it is difficult, it is full of happiness. I have so many good friends and the school is full of the sounds of cheerfulness. Every weekend, my friends and I like to go hiking. We tour the riverside and enjoy the marvelous views. After all this relaxation, we feel that the schoolwork is not so stressful.

Out of all the classes, I like English the most. I am working very hard on it because I hope to do well so I can come to your beautiful country to vacation. My teachers and classmates say that your country is very beautiful and full of prosperity. On the other hand, I hope you can come to my hometown in China. In this small place in Yunnan, the scenery is wonderful and the apples are very tasty. We are prepared to have you come here any time.

I wish you happiness and good health!
Your beneficiary,

Yan