Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 053 - Xing Yu


Dear XXX Family,

I was pleased to see the letter you wrote to me. Thank you very much for your help, not only for the financial assistance, but also for teaching me how to help others. I have now learned that there is a great happiness in helping others. At the same time, I also understand that the only thing I can do to repay your kindness is to study hard and to become a kind person like yourselves.

I have studied hard since I was young. Because we live in the mountains far from the city, studying is the most important thing we can do. If we don’t study hard, we could lose the chance to succeed in this society. People in China are not as open-minded about poor people as the people in America, but I still tried hard to fit in. I worked hard and finally got into this high school.

Although life in high school is hard, I won’t give up. I will study harder. I have a dream that will never change even if I am grown up. I want to have my own company and help more students that are poor like me and help them finish their educations. Right now, it may seem very hard to reach this goal, but if I want to do something, I need to push through many difficulties.
I hope someday I can meet you. It would be wonderful for me. Because of your help, things are easier when times get hard. I don’t need to worry about my school fees. Thank you very much! I will never forget all of you! Your children are very cute. I wish them a fabulous life and all of you happiness and health.

Christmas is coming so I wish you a Merry Christmas. My hope is that one day I can say thank you to you with my own voice.

Xing Yu