Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 056 - Mei Lin


Dear Munslow Family,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

When I was very young, my father passed away. So my mother brought me up alone. No matter how hard the life was, she tried her best to give me what I needed. Deep in my heart, I really know that I must try my best in my studies for my mother, for my small home, for myself and for a wonderful life. So I work harder and harder.

When I passed the high school entrance examination, I was happy because I knew I had made it. But I worried because I would have to leave my home and my mother. What’s more, my education would bring much more pressure to my mother. She would have to work much harder to earn more money for me. My heart was full of conflicts.

Now, I received a scholarship from you and I am in high school. In my mind, I know if I work hard, I will be successful so I don’t care how rich my classmates are. The pressure to succeed is also another kind of driving force for me. I just study hard to fulfill my dream of going to college. Having the scholarship also encourages me a lot. Thank you again.

I don’t need too much. I just need a school where I can focus on my studies and some nice teachers. I really hope that I can go to a nice college and meet some good teachers and friends. I like Hunan province, so I hope I can be a student at the Hunan University. When I graduate, I hope I can find a stable job. For now, I will work harder and harder for my dream and my home.

Thank you again for everything.

Mei Lin