Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 068 Li Yu

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your help and concern. There is too much to appreciate, I can’t figure out where to begin.

In middle school, my goal was going to a high school. So I kept working hard all the time. When my grade on the high school entrance examination was going to be announced, I was both nervous and excited. When I learned that I was accepted to this high school, I began to worry about whether my mother could afford it.

Tuition was a huge problem for me. However, my problem was solved when I was told that I might get a scholarship. When I knew that I could continue studying in school again, my heart was filled with appreciation. My appreciation was for you, my kind sponsor, and my teachers. I know that it’s not easy to earn money. Therefore, I will try my best to take good advantage of the gift you have given me.

Going to a university has always been my dream. After finishing college and finding a job, I would like to do something meaningful. I would like to let my family members live a happy life and make contributions to my hometown. Besides, if there is somebody who needs help, I’ll never hesitate to do that. I am willing to give love to our community as a repayment for what you have done for me.

At the time I felt most helpless in my life, it was you, my dear Allie, who offered your help. Happily, I will never know how my life would have been without your help. “Knowledge changes people’s fate and victory makes their future.” If I didn’t have my education, I couldn’t change my life. How could I make my future?

It is my dear mother that gave me life and it is you that gave me a future! It’s you that made me see the sunlight and the blue sky and regain hope for my life. It’s you that brought light for me in the dark night so I could find my direction again.

Dear Allie, even though I don’t know who you are, I know you are one of the warm-hearted people who are devoted to helping children like me. I’ll remember your support forever!

No matter where you are, I wish you health, happiness and all the best. I understand such few words are not enough to express my appreciation. So far, they are all that I can do and they are my most sincere feelings!
Yours,

Li Yu