Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 031 - Li


Dear Gimre Family,

Hello! First, I want to thank you for caring for me and helping me. I am a second year student in high school now. The biggest pressure I face now is that my grades are not ideal. Sometimes, I feel frustrated and empty in my heart. When I am having these feelings I always think of you and the situation gets better.

I’m doing well in my school now. I joined the student association and the literature club of my school. They occupy most of my free time. Even though I am so busy, I’ll continue to be active in these clubs.

As for my schoolwork, my politics class is my favorite because I can learn about the law, economics and about philosophy. I like these things very much. The most difficult for me is math. It’s really hard for me. Do you have a good way to learn math?

Our school holds basketball games for the school teachers. I am the scorekeeper. I can work and watch the ball game at the same time. If you can come to our school to have fun, it would be great!

There are mountains surrounding of our school and there are pine trees in the mountains. There is also a highway nearby our school. Every day when we go to school, we must ride on the highway. I spend two hours riding my bike to school. It would only take one hour if I go to school by car. Beside the highway is a wheat field. It is bright green when it is springtime. It becomes gold when it is autumn… it is awesome!

We live on the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau. The altitude is very high and the temperature difference between day and night is large. Hence, we produce apples abundantly. Supposedly, apples here are the sweetest and the best. If you can come to China someday, you have to come to my hometown. I will give you the sweetest apples to eat and lead you up the mountain to pick fresh mushrooms.

I am an optimistic and generous girl. I have many acquaintances in my school. I also have some best friends. All of them have strength and special qualities.

By the way, Gimre family, are you okay? Is everything going smoothly? I hope you can live happily every day!

Li