Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 033 - Dongmei


Dear Soleil,

It’s nice to write to you again! First, I want to express my appreciation to you for helping me. Truly speaking, I’m really very grateful for it. I had a nice time during the summer helping my parents do housework and doing homework to enrich my education. I felt glad while doing both of them.

I have an ordinary hometown. I especially love the vegetables and fruits in my hometown. However, my home is far from the school. It is about one hour away by car so I seldom go home. Anyway, I love my school, my classmates and teachers. The atmosphere at my school is both nice and friendly. My classmates and teachers help me get along.

On the path of my life, I wish to improve slowly and steadily. What I expect for this year is to study as much as I can, be a good student and do my best to get along with others. It goes without saying that I will work hard in every subject, especially English, the one I love best. I regard English as an important language and that may be the reason why I have an interest in it. I hope that I can be fluent in English or even master it in the future.

What I really love to do in school is to discuss issues with my classmates. Solving problems gives me a sense of achievement and pride. I really like my conscientious and humorous teachers.

Oh! I forgot to tell you, my grades have been improving during this semester. What’s more, I even feel happiness while I study. I understand that nothing is impossible if a teenager puts her mind to it. As a Chinese saying goes, “The more bitter the struggle you face, the better person you will be.” I deeply believe that the future is in my control, so I need to be hardworking in order to avoid any regrets later on.

During this semester, I met a new friend. She is a girl that is humble and friendly. We have a good friendship. We even help each other solve academic problems. I really like her, not only because of her beauty but also because of her personality. I’m wondering, would you like to be friends with her?

Finally, I wish you will be happy every day, have a healthy body and enter the school that you want.

Dongmei