Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 117 ~ Zhi Ling


Dear XXX Family,

I am now in my last year of high school and I think I grew up a lot over the summer holiday. I grew up from being a very shy person. I got a job at a factory and started to earn money to help the family. I now understand that having a job to earn a living is not easy for anyone. On the weekends, I am very happy to be able to help my mom. I did not want to see my mom sad anymore and I began to see more smiles on her face.

I think my mother is the greatest mom there is. Once I had an extraordinary request for my mom. I asked her to bring home watermelon. I only remembered it was very delicious and could not recall the last time I had tasted it. Mom didn’t say anything but the next morning I saw food on the table including a few pieces of my beloved watermelon. Mom said, “Baby, here is your watermelon.” I was so happy and began eating. I said, “Mom, you eat some too.” Mom said, “I do not eat watermelon, it will upset my stomach.” Quickly, I finished the watermelon and went in the kitchen to wash my hands. Suddenly, I saw Mom was eating the leftovers pieces of the watermelon I had just finished eating. At that very moment I was so sad that I had tears in my eyes. My mom didn’t notice. I didn’t know what to say and went back into my room and began crying and crying like crazy. Mom was just too great. I thought, “I love you Mom.”

Now, I must study very hard to repay your kindness. I will do my best to learn and get good grades in school to contribute to the community. I know that’s what Mom always wanted me to grow up to do.

Here I thank you all for making this possible for me.

Zhi Ling