Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 046 - Da Qiao


Dear Careen,

Thank you for giving me help and caring for me. Because my family did not have enough money to support me they felt immense pressure to make ends meet. To try to get me into school, they put all their efforts into earning money even when it was painful and exhausting. Our life in the farming village has been poor. Your help is like offering us fuel in snowy weather. It makes me hopeful for the future. When I was young, I enjoyed learning new things. Because my family isn’t rich, I worked hard in school and my future was full of hope.

When I was in middle school, I looked at a college student from my hometown and thought about the education my parents had. I decided that I should study hard to fulfill my dream of going to college. In return for the pain and pressure my parents were suffering, I gave them my good grades hoping that they can eventually have a better life in the future. When I experienced problems with my studies, I would think of my family and what they have sacrificed for me. That is the power that keeps me going.

When I received notification of my entrance to this high school I was delighted, but also sad. If I were to continue studying in high school my parents would have to work even harder and they would have even more weight on their shoulders. When I thought about not being able to continue studying, I didn’t know what to do. I was convinced that learning would be my life’s companion. If I lost the opportunity to learn, what would I do? I was unsure of what to do.

After I received the scholarship from you, I became full of hope again. For me, this scholarship plays an important role in my life and fills my future with hope. My goal is to finish high school and enter an ideal university. Afterwards, I hope that I can contribute to my community and dedicate myself to helping there. Also, I hope that after graduating I can find a suitable job so that my parents will be happy and be proud of me. I also hope I can be like you – helping people who need help.

Here, I would like to present you with my heartfelt thankfulness again. With my whole heart, I wish you blessings of happiness and peace.

Sincerely,

Da Qiao