Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 007 - Hongqiong


Dear XXX Family,

Hello! I was very excited to receive your letter. Time passes so quickly when you’re not paying attention. In the blink of an eye, I’m already in my senior year at high school. This past year, I have often had conflicting feelings. For example, I am reluctant to leave my high school and will miss it very much. At the same time, I am also looking forward to being in college. Every time I feel this way, sharing my feelings with my friends and hearing theirs makes me feel better.

I am curious about how Katie, Jillian and Emily get to school and about their school life in general. Could you tell me about it? I never would have thought that your eldest daughter and I would share an interest in history. I love history because it allows me to understand my country’s role in the past, allowing me to have a better grasp on the present and be able to create a better future. Does she share my opinion?

Though I enjoy history, math is a challenge for me. But I know that if I cultivate my interest in it, find the best learning method for me and work hard at it, I will be able to do well. Right now, I’m trying my best at school. My family is also well.

I feel very lucky to be able to share my life with so many people. I really enjoy making friends and will share your stories about school with my classmates. During summer break, I still go to school for classes. I only go home once a week now and spend most of my week on my studies.

I hope all of you are well too.

Hongqiong