Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 121 ~ Qianshan


Dear Panopoulos Family,

I am extremely grateful for your financial assistance over the past three years. This unforgettable high school journey will be forever engraved in my memory. I will never forget you, who supported me from afar.

During the summer holiday, I stayed at home to help out on the farm. Because I am a rising senior, I only had about two weeks off from school and resumed classes in August.
During the holiday, I helped my family harvest rice in the fields and turn the soil in preparation for the seed sowing process. In the fields, my dog is very mischievous. One time when I was resting, I took off my gloves. Only when I started again did I realize that they were missing. For the next fifteen minutes, I frantically searched for the gloves until I saw that my dog had taken them away. It was playing with them happily, leaving me slightly annoyed but also slightly amused at the same time. I said to myself, “I should have thought about that naughty dog!” Still, during the long days in the fields, the dog has brought me much happiness. This became the memorable highlight of my summer, since such a thing would never happen in the classroom.

This year, I am determined to improve my English so that I can become an English teacher or a translator. Every day I run to the school’s eco-park and practice my English. That is my favorite place. I particularly enjoy it there and it makes me feel more motivated to studying.

Let’s not talk about me. Actually, I had some questions for you. I really hope that you can respond in your free time. This whole time, I wanted to see what you look like. Can you send me some photos of your family? I also want to know what you do for a living. How many people are in your family? Do you keep pets? What are your hobbies? I really like badminton and ping-pong. What about you? If you have time to come to China, could I invite you to my home? I don’t know how to express my feelings; I just want to better understand you – a benefactor who supported me through high school.

Again, I thank you for your financial support and will never forget what you did for me.

Wishing you a successful career and a happy family,

Qianshan