Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 134 ~ Wan Ting


Dear Emma,

How are you doing? My name is Wan Ting. I’m writing to you to extend my genuine gratitude for your timely and kind help.

When I learned that I would be sponsored, I felt very happy because I knew I would no longer need to worry about whether I could go on with my schooling. Even thought the fees were low, our family struggled to cover the tuition for my primary and junior high school (The Chinese government pays for most of the schooling fees through ninth grade.). So I knew it was not easy for them and that I must work hard to fight for my dreams.

Without your help, I would have already dropped out of school because both of my parents are in poor health and carrying a heavy burden. All four of their children are attending schools. Now, my family is just barely managing to make ends meet. I believe education changes lives. That's why I am trying to keep up with my studies and make good progress.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself to you! I was born in 1992. Now, I am a grown up, easy-going girl who is about 1.6m in height and, unfortunately, a little bit heavier than I should be. I like climbing in the mountains and playing badminton and basketball during my spare time. But I like reading the most. I hope to become a doctor or lawyer when I grow up. What about you?

Thanks again for what you've done to help me. I feel so lucky to be given another chance to further my studies in high school. Now I hope to go to my dream university some day.

Yours
Sincerely

Wan Ting