Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 009 - Wen


Dear Grace, Rachel, and Ashleigh,

I am very happy that I received your letter and your bracelet. It’s beautiful. First of all, I hope you are in a happy mood every day and have healthy bodies.

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know about your school life and how you spend each day. I always liked English and chemistry because they are very interesting. But now, chemistry is not a class I can take anymore because I am not doing science or math related subjects anymore. As I am studying language arts now, English is my favorite subject and I want to be an English teacher in my hometown. I also like physical education such as basketball, badminton and running. Every morning, I wake up at 6:30 to run because I need a healthy body in order to do well in my studies.

I am in my third year of high school now and the pressure that comes with studying is very great. My time is also very tight. I can only see my father twice each school term because he is away working and I do not know how his life is. I love him the most and he is the most important person in my life so it pains me that I cannot see him.

My school is in the countryside. In the spring, the fields turn into a beautiful scene full of vitality. In the summer, the fields are still full with greenery and at night, you can hear the frogs croaking. The fields in the fall are a crisp brown and it is the harvest season. You can feel the vastness of the fields in the winter and smell the fresh soil. Our school is also very beautiful and our school spirit is great. My classmates are humorous and friendly; I love everyone at my school and I am so happy to have everyone in my life.

Thank you for the opportunities you have given me,

Wen