Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 002 - Leili


Dear Holly,

How are you? I’m very thankful for your help! I am also very surprised that you’re a 9-year-old girl. I am now a happy high school student. School is very intense here but I will work hard. You should, too! I am hoping that you are having the time of your life!

Last summer, we only got about 20 days to rest but I did a lot of meaningful things. For example, I went rock climbing with my friend, helped my dad with the farming and taught my little brother to play Chinese chess. I had the most fun when I entered a singing contest with a friend from my village and won second place!

This semester, we already had half of the classes and will be having a winter break very soon. That break, unfortunately, will be our last break. It has been really cold lately so no one really wanted to get out of their rooms so we just stayed in their dorms. When it gets sunny in the morning, my friends and I do lots of activities such as playing badminton, biking and hiking. I feel so free when I do these things!

Our school is beautiful and big. It has the most students. My favorite part of the campus is the willow tree, reading my book under it makes me feel so serene. We also have a lake that is filled with colors under the morning sunlight. It is unfortunate that the lake doesn’t have any fish.

Unlike your family, I have no sheep, rabbits or horse. Instead, I only own a cat and a dog. I bet it is always fun to live under your roof! You are so fortunate that you have the opportunity to go horseback riding. I have always wanted to ride a horse but never had the chance to. However, I know I will in the future!

Christmas is almost here, Merry Christmas! I hope your life is filled with joy and laughter!

Sincerely,

Leili