Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 133 ~ Gui Mei


Dear Sophia,

I am Gui Mei. I was very lucky to receive your scholarship. When I realized that education could change my fate, I began working very hard in school. Because only by studying diligently can I change my life. When I found out that I was accepted by this secondary school, I was excited but also upset because I knew I would have to make a hard decision. I thank God for letting me come across a kind person like you. You helped me go to this wonderful school and I felt like I could see the light again.

I can’t imagine how it would have been without your donation to support me. I lost my parents when I was young and sometimes I felt very helpless. Because education can change my life, your donation gave me a chance to fight for a new beginning.

I remember having a very loving family when I was young, but when I reached the age when I had things to do, I faced a sudden change. I never gave up and lived with my grandmother until two years ago when she left me, too. I really felt like the sky was falling down. Luckily, my uncle supported and comforted me or else I would have given up. After all these changes in my life, I understood that knowledge is the only way to success.

When I walked into this school, I knew I had to work hard and fight for my dream. When I grow up, I want to become a doctor. I want to go to a good college and use my knowledge to change my fate and help others learn. When I fulfill my dreams, I will use my skills to help others so that they can reach their dreams too.

I know happiness comes from within, but I also know the person who will guide me through life is you. You gave me a chance. I will treasure this chance and study hard!

Once again, I want to sincerely thank you. I hope you will be happy and have a wonderful and safe life!

Yours sincerely,
Salutations,

Gui Mei