Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 018 - Zhiqi


Dear Iris, Laurel and Elise,

Let me tell you a little bit about my life. My hometown is really pretty. There is often sunshine in my village but sometimes we have continuous rain. There is a large meadow and flowers blossom on the slopes of the hills in the summer. It snows a lot in winter so we can make a snowman. We are able to see black-necked cranes every day. I still remember when we skied one winter.

I used to fly a kite near the lake in the spring time. I always enjoyed the beautiful landscape in our village during summer vacations. I used to catch bugs on the flowers… these are my memories of childhood.

I am no longer a child so during this summer vacation, I helped with housework most of the time. In my spare time, I like to play basketball or sit down alone in a corner quietly listening to music or reading novels. I like the chrysanthemums at my school. They give me a feeling of peace. I like that feeling.

This year, my biggest hope is that I can get a high score on the English and math exams. My English and math are not good enough, so I hope I can make some progress this year.

There are a lot of stories I can tell you, but they are all about petty things so I don’t want to tell you now. I would like to draw a picture of them when I have time. Please forgive me for not having time to draw a picture to share with you. Life is colorful. I hope I will have time one day to write a letter telling you all I want to tell.

I wish you happiness,

Zhiqi