Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 109 ~ Li Shan

Dear Kate,

I am extremely happy to have received your sponsorship and to have received your warmth and kindness. Right now, I would like to thank you for all of the help you've given me. My life right now is terrific and I feel great. How is your life?

I would like to tell you a little bit about what my current life is like. During weekends and school holidays, I do some part time work. In fact, I worked as a saleswoman in a pharmacy late last year. Working as a saleswoman helps me learn things I would not otherwise learn in school. I learn things like decision making and responsibility where I work and how to work together with my co-workers. Now, I do things with precision and perfection, partly due to the fact that my co-workers have shown me the "ropes" from day one. When I first came to work, I didn't know a thing about medication and the different types of drugs we offer. My co-workers took me in and taught me how to identify and separate different types of drugs and they did this with great patience and care. Sometimes I am slow when it comes to this sort of thing.

I worked there for two months and during that time, I became friends with the other workers. When my contract term ended, I was very sad that I couldn't work with my co-workers any longer. They were sad too, but they were also concerned about my life without them. My friends told me to work hard in school and realize my dreams. They told me that if I ever met with any difficulties, I should call them on their mobile phones to talk to them. I realized that it was here that I had good memories. I still look back at these memories with fondness.

However, I am studying hard right now and nowadays I don't have a lot of time to talk to friends about things that we would normally talk about. My dream is to become a doctor, so I really need to study hard. I want to help people, so I think pursuing medicine would definitely help me to become a doctor and treat the sick. However, I'm not sure if I can become a doctor with my current grades. I won't give up though! I will put in all my effort and realize my dream!

Your help, more than anything else, is what helped me get to where I am today. Now, I can finish my secondary school education. Now, I have a chance of going to a university. Every little bit counts and you gave me a big boost to help me realize my dreams. So I won't let you down! I am forever in your debt and I will forever be thankful! I hope you are happy every day!

Li Shan