Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 110 ~ Xia Zhi

Dear Allison,

I’m very good, thanks for asking. Yes, I’m going to be graduating very soon. Thanks to your help, I can happily finish attending high school. Truly, thank you very much! I really hope you can come to China again soon and come to my house to play. Do you still remember? You came to visit China around the same time last year. Here the mandarin trees are all ripe, including the ones in my home. I wish I could mail you some of them!

When I heard you joined a camping trip to protect the environment, I felt good for you because that is a very meaningful thing to do! You say you like to play mah-jong. Actually, I’ve played it before too, but it was a long time ago and I’ve already forgotten how. I still remember when I was young, I would play mah-jong with other kids and it was very fun.

Right now, I am focusing completely on reviewing for the exams college entrance exams. Every day, I study intensely and diligently with my friends at school. I’m hoping to get a good score so that I can attend the college I want. In the future, I hope I will earn enough money to fly to America and see you. My father also wants me to go to see you. He says I owe you everything, you’re like my saviour.

Also, I think your father is right. You should pay more attention to how much rest you get. It’s important to maintain a healthy body. Finally, let me tell you something great. A few days ago my class’s male basketball team won a friendly match against another school!

I wish you and your family happiness every day.

I hope we remain friends forever!

Xia Zhi