Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 061 ~ Li Mei


Dear AiLi,

I feel very grateful for your support and concern. You’re the one giving me the chance to fulfill my dream of studying in high school. It would be impossible for me to enjoy the life in high school without your help. Therefore, I will definitely grasp the opportunity and try my best to learn. My goal in finishing my education is to not only to fulfill my dream but also to pay this kind of caring forward.

In junior high, I studied with effort because of the great encouragement from my grandparents. They are my emotional support. I still remember the time when I attended an athletic competition. Although I was so tired that I could barely move, every time they showed up in my mind I accelerated my steps.

When I received the notice that I was accepted into high school, I was half happy and half worried. The good news was that I made it, my effort wasn’t in vain. On the other hand, the tuition and living expenses were too much money to spend and I couldn’t find any way to obtain such abundant money.

If I was not able to study, I would be a nobody. I would be just like a broken-winged bird not knowing where to go. I would be like a kite with a broken string floating without a clue. I could only wish that the spirit of love would appear to help me.

My dream is to be enrolled in a good college so that I can learn more about things like culture and at the same time expand my horizon. I hope to be a useful person by doing my best helping others. If I become successful in the future, I’ll never forget how my family and country nurtured me. I’ll absolutely give back to those people who helped me.

I really appreciate this opportunity and I will cherish it. No matter how difficult the hurdle is to overcome, I will persevere and never get beaten up. A storm finch gets tougher after rainstorms and a plantling grows higher after heavy rains. I firmly believe that nobody achieves a goal without hard work and that belief makes me fight for my goal at all times.

Thank you again for your support and help. I wish you joyfulness and blessedness in your family.

Sincerely,

Li Mei