Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 119 ~ Shuixia


Dear Justyna, Daren and Hannah,

Hi! How are you? In the letter you sent to me, you told me how you all had a wonderful summer. If there’s a chance, I wish we could enjoy a summer together because I really like swimming, too.

Since you’ve shared your wonderful summer experiences, I would like to tell you about mine, too. Although my summer vacation was only ten days long, I had a meaningful one. I did my chores and even helped out on my parent’s farm. My high school friends and I also met up over the summer and chatted about some recent things we’re going through. We even visited our high school teachers. We had a lot of fun times together.

Let me tell you, I actually really like watching TV. Over the summer break, I watched a lot of Taiwanese dramas. I remember that one night, my sister and I had an all-nighter just for watching these dramas. However, my mom found out and we were grounded. It was crazy!

As a high school student of Grade 12, I get a lot of pressure from my teachers and my parents but, at times, I still find the time to hang out with my friends. We would go hiking or play badminton together after school. In a lot of people’s eyes Grade 12 is pretty scary, however as time passed by, I began to realize that Grade 12 isn’t actually that bad. Yes, my schedule is packed, but I think this is how I will learn a lot more stuff about life and attain useful knowledge. I also like reading novels on romance and listening to pop music during my free time.

My favorite part of the school is its backyard. There are a lot of willow trees in the backyard. I am often fascinated by these trees because they smell so good. The school’s backyard also has a pathway made of cement for people to stroll on and a small fishpond filled with lots of gold fish. I like the fishpond the most, because whenever I see those gold fish swim, my frustrations or whatever negative feelings I’m suffering from seem to disappear immediately.

Isn’t my summer pretty interesting, too? I hope I will get a chance to spend a summer with you in the future. We could go outdoors and play because outdoor games are usually more interesting and competitive, which I like. I think I really need to thank you for your help and kindness; it has made my life a lot happier. I am really thankful for that. For the years that follow, I will try my best at everything and hopefully get into a satisfying college, so that I can contribute my hard work to society.



Lastly, I would like to wish you a very good future, and a healthy life.
Yours truly,

Shuixia