Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 048 - Li Ping


Dear Doug and Amanda,

First, thank you for helping me continue my studies. I live in a village in Yunnan province. There are six people in my family. I have an older sister who is studying in high school, a younger sister studying in junior high school and a younger brother studying in elementary school. I love studying and hope that I can keep studying in a university. Studying at a university has been my dream since I was a child. I love my parents and all those people who helped me handle difficulties. I will study hard these three years in high school to achieve my dream.

When I was studying in junior high school, I studied very hard so that I could continue to study in high school. But, since my family is so poor my parents could not afford the tuition. I could not study any more. I was so sad and cried at that time. When I learned that you would help me continue my studies, I was so happy. I am determined to study hard in return for your great help and so that I can change my life and have a shining future.

My class at school is united. My classmates are all working hard to pursue their dreams too. “I work hard so that I can be outstanding. I have confidence that I can succeed.” This is my class’ motto and it is also mine. In order to pay back your kindness, I will become an excellent person and change my life.

Every day is a new beginning. I am grateful to have this new beginning when I face the changes in my life. You have changed my future. I hope that I can meet you myself some day and say “Thank you!” face-to-face. Although it is impossible now, I will study hard to make you feel proud and happy.

I want to tell you some good things. I am obedient and I honor my parents at home. I study so hard, that I know I will never disappoint my teachers at school. In their eyes I am a good student.

Christmas is coming and I wish you a Merry Christmas. Although I am in China, I really wish I could meet with you at Christmas. When I am admitted to a university, I think you will be happy, won’t you?

Finally, I wish you blessings of feeling happiness every day and that your work goes smoothly. I won’t fall short of your expectations for me. I will study hard to get even better grades and realize my college dream.

Best wishes to you.

Li Ping