Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 024 - Xingyun Duan


Dear Lilly and Oliver:

Are you both well? Right now I am in the third year of high school. My college entrance exams will come soon. The pressure I feel is very large, but I believe I will succeed. I am the happiest when I am with my classmates. Every day they talk with me and make me laugh until I am very happy. This helps me succeed in my classes.

During this summer vacation, my teacher took us to climb a mountain. At the start of the climb everybody was very excited because teachers rarely take us out. As we climbed and climbed we suddenly felt that we could not go any more. Eventually, everyone helped each other climb to the top of the mountain. When we were on top of the mountain, we took pictures, ate snacks, drew pictures. Everyone was very happy. This was a time of great delight during our period of intense studying.

My home is in Yunnan. The climate here is really clear and the people are friendly. Here, the most important farming crops are apples and potatoes. Because potatoes are all grown on the mountain, we use a horse to carry them. This way it saves our hauling energy.

People harvest the apples because we need to be sure that the apples do not bump each other. If they get bruised, they are hard to sell. Furthermore, it is not easy to preserve them. During harvest season, we are very busy and tired but we are also happy.

Because I like to draw in school, I hope to study my teacher’s drawing methods and improve my drawing skills and my knowledge. On my exams, I want to get the most excellent results.

Finally, I hope that you all are happy every day and I thank you so much. Because of your help my life has added brilliance. Thank you!

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Xingyun Duan