Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 057 ~ Fei Yan


Dear Jennie and Anna,

I am very happy to receive the letter from you. Seeing your beautiful smiles has given me enormous encouragement. I am truly grateful for the help you’ve given to me. It arrived when I needed it the most. It is you who relieved my family’s financial difficulties and made it possible for me to learn in the best high school.

Even when I was little, I had seen enough of the poverty in my village. I promised myself that I must use my future success to improve my hometown, help my family and change my destiny. This is the notion that acts as the propeller to keep me striving for the best.

In junior high school, I worked really hard to get into this high school. I had always wanted to go to here but, when I was accepted, I realized that my tuition and living expenses were almost impossible to shoulder. My dad went down into neighborhood and pooled together all the money he could get, but it still wasn’t enough. Thankfully at this time, you appeared like a savior and helped with the financial burden.

I believe that knowledge changes our destinies and education helps us achieve a better future. I know it’s no one’s fault that I was born into such a poor family, but it will be my fault if I don’t try my best and help my village. My goal is to go to the best university specializing in finance and economics in Shanghai. Although it is a long way to go, I am confident that I will make my dream come true.

“Never be afraid of failure, only fear not working hard enough.”

Lastly, with a grateful heart, I must earnestly say, “Thank you!” You are the ones who allowed me to focus on my learning and to strive for my dream!

Sincerely,

Fei Yan