Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 126 ~ Liuchang


Dear Students at Rye Elementary School,

Hello! First of all, thank you for helping me out!

During this year’s summer vacation, I spent my time alone in my home. I love that because there is nobody there to nag me. If I get bored, I can go to the neighbor’s house and play with their small kids. Sometimes, I even help Grandma tend the mandarin trees and add fertilizer to the soil. If you asked me what I would want to grow, it would definitely be mandarin oranges. The ones we grow are large and juicy. I remember the first time I helped my Grandmother. I watched the fruit grow and be packed into crates to be sent off to the local market. The trees are magnificent and although I am not in charge of taking care of them, I am happy with our efforts.

Recently, I’ve read a book called “23 days” about young people going to school. The author’s style of writing is brilliant and reading his work makes me feel so emotional because I can totally relate to his story.

I’m working hard at my English and I hope that one day, when we finally meet, I can speak it fluently and not need a translator. As Li Yang, a famous Chinese man once said, 300 million Chinese people should learn English. I hope one day, through hard work, his words can become a reality.

My favorite subject at school is math. However, it is really hard and I have to work vigorously. I know that by concentrating and putting effort into my work, I will overcome this obstacle.

Lastly, I plan to work very hard and go to college. For me, this will be a dream come true.

Thank you,

柳嫦
Liuchang