Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 049 - Yong Ju


Dear Julie and John:

Hello! I deeply appreciate your care and support. It makes me feel really happy.

When I was little, I especially envied those children who could carry their school bags to high school. Now, I am honored to have the opportunity to study in this school. I cherish every moment that I can study here and I think that studying is enjoyable.

Unfortunately, my family isn’t wealthy. The only thing I could do was to take every opportunity to learn. I knew I faced the danger of leaving school at any time. When I was in middle school, I studied hard to learn new things. When I reached high school age, I wasn’t happy because I knew I might not have the opportunity to continue my studies. My parents tried to borrow money to allow me to study in high school. This really concerned and troubled me. When I learned that I received your financial support, I gained confidence and felt very happy.

Deng Xiaoping once said this, “Scientific technique is the first productive force.” I think becoming educated is the most important thing I can do if I want to change my life. A person can enrich herself through knowledge and the result is a more successful future.

I think that in the future, I should use my time and efforts to search for more knowledge. And, I should be brave in facing all kinds of problems in my life. I also want to become a person that can help patients and children to ease their pain and to help them grow healthily beneath a sun of love. Becoming a loving doctor has always been my dream. I hope that I can use love to warm people’s hearts.

I wish you will always be healthy.

Merry Christmas!

Knowledge can change destiny.

Yong Ju