Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 035 - Ze Jian


Dear Oyster River High School Students,

How are you? I'm honored to be able to write to you. Since there hasn't been anything new happening in my high school life, having the chance to write this letter to you has helped me cheer up. Thank you for taking good care of me. I was surprised that you are high school students like me.

I'm just a girl with a poor family, but school has made me aware of many new things. Before, I could only see my life in my small village. There, I would never be lonely or sad. But in this new life, this school has shown me news paths that I can follow.

My hometown is located among the hills of Yunnan. Even though summers are hot, in my village, there is always a cool breeze. I like to listen to the birds sing at dawn and to the nice sound of the rain. It is a wonderful place to be. It might be not as beautiful as a fairyland, but it is not as bustling as a town either. That is why people can still enjoy the peacefulness.

At school, I like the extracurricular activities the most. They are very good for lightening the weight of our responsibilities and taking the worries out of our minds. Studying is really important, but physical activities are not to be undervalued. We need to study but we also need to enrich our souls. Sometimes this is easier said than done.

My highest hope now is to be able to enter university, not as a goal per se but as a means to enrich my knowledge. This achievement would cast light on all of the pathways I could choose to walk in the future. Finding happiness in studying and keeping your dreams high are also very important factors to success.

How about you, can you tell me about your study environment? Take care of yourselves and be careful during the hot days: find yourself a nice and cool shelter. As for the colder days, try to wear warmer clothes. Please write back to me. I want to hear from you, no matter how long it takes for your letter to get here. This way I will be able to share your joy and happiness. Could you send some pictures of you too?

Wish you a merry and happy life, enjoy your time studying!

Ze Jian