Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 005 - Zhouyan


Dear Debbie and Fran,

Greetings! I really appreciated your care and concern through my illness; it made me feel endlessly happy. I remember that this time last year I was in the hospital. My father was working out of town and my mother was at home alone. Although she was not with me in the hospital, I knew she was worried about me day and night. Although she wasn’t with me, I didn’t resent my mother at all because I understood her very well. She was at home caring for me.

When my sickness was still undiagnosed, they checked me twice and the doctor couldn’t find the reason for my sickness! Mother’s family did not want to take me to the hospital for another check up because it was so expensive. Now, I have finally gotten through the suffering from the sickness. My body recovered well and I will always be thankful for my health. I will always remember you as well.

During the summer, our family was very busy. We didn’t go to any other places. Basically the entire summer was working with the soil or doing chores for our family so, I did spend the summer in a satisfying way. When I was working in the soil, I had blisters in no time. I truly understood the feeling of working hard.

I must study very well because of our hard life. I think that education is the only path to change our lives. My dream is to become a doctor. I hope to erase the pain from patients who suffer from it. That dream is my goal. It is what I think I will be happiest doing.

However, sometimes things don’t go the way we think they will. As long as I do my best and fight for it, even if I fail, I will not have any regrets because the more I know, the better I will become. If I were to work in a factory, I would like to be a technician. But first, I would start from being a basic worker and keep on working hard. If I were to work on a farm, I would plant fruit trees.

Now, I feel that I’m not good at every subject. I love math, chemistry and biology, but my English and Physics are not strong enough. My goal is to be perfect in every subject. At the end of the semester I hope to be one of the top 50 students.

In school, I like to make friends and play basketball. I was naughty when I was very small. I fell three times from high places. When I was studying in junior 2, I fell from the upstairs when I went to collect a piece of wood because the floor was not well-nailed. But, I only hurt my hand. My grandpa said this was a miracle. As a result, I feel that heaven is fair to me. My family is poor but they are warm. I’m happy to receive your support. I can give back nothing to you but my thanks. What I can do is study hard, but this is also for my benefit.

I wish you happiness and health forever. I wish that your work is good and that everything is under your control. Be happy every day!

Merry Christmas,

Zhouyan