Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 124 ~ Meilu

Dear Rye Elementary School Students,

I can’t tell you how excited I get every time I get to write a letter to all of you!

Because of a couple of reasons, I didn’t end up getting a job this summer but that didn’t stop my summer from being fantastic. After helping out on the family farm harvesting rice for a while, I received an invitation from an old friend who I met in 4th grade. She asked me to go visit her in her hometown of Zhuhai. It had been five years since she moved and although we talked occasionally, I always just assumed she’d forgotten about me. Later, I found out that she’d been thinking the same way and, in fact, neither of us forgot about each other at all! This made me realize how real and strong our friendship is and it’s really made me cherish our bond so much more. We had a really good time hanging out together. We went to the biggest bookstore in Zhuhai to enjoy the air-conditioning and read books, walked along the waterfront while eating tangerines and enjoying the view and went to a dessert store and ate and told each other jokes. I really had a fantastic time.

How were your summers? Did anything interesting or new happen? If so, let me know! I love hearing other people’s stories.

I’ll stop writing here. I hope we can talk soon. I’ll be waiting for your reply!

Best wishes to you!
From,

Meilu