Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 139 ~ Shu Wei

Dear Aubrie-Mei,

Thank you very much for your help. With your support, I can fly much higher and achieve my dreams. Therefore, I would like to wish you good luck in the future.

I am the kind of person who never gives up. I don't want to be a normal person. I don't like to hear other people say "the poor will always be poor." "It's not necessary for a girl to study." I don't believe that poor people can’t succeed. I have to study hard, not only because of those words, but also for my parents, my family and my future.

I was very happy when I obtained the scholarship, because it meant that I have a chance for my dreams to come true. When I knew I might not be able to continue with my education, I cried that night. It was very painful but I didn't give up. Now that I have this scholarship, I have been given another chance. I dream that I can become a good teacher. I will teach in poor villages, teach the children there how to read and write and give them a chance to study.

I really want to have a pair of boots now but I will never tell this to my parents, because I need to use the money to pay for my meals in a week. I will buy the boots I want in the future and let my parents have good lives. I also will support my younger brother and let him go to university too. On campus, many classmates are willing to help me. There is love everywhere in the school and in the world.

Best wishes,

Shu Wei