Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 105 ~ Hui Fang

Dear Denise and Eliza

How have you been lately? To start off with, I would like to thank you for the support you have given to me these last three years. You have really made a huge difference in my life and, in order to repay that kindness, I’m trying my best at school. I’m so grateful for what you have done. This summer, I spent most of my time at home. Summer vacation lasted one month. Instead of going to summer school this year, I worked at home and helped on my family’s farm. Things like cutting crops and growing vegetables and peanuts are just some of the things I do. Every day was filled with long hours but at the end of the day, a satisfying meal would be waiting inside the house.

Even though I was working a full day, it was nothing compared to how hard my dad worked. Even in the hottest days of the summer, my dad never failed to wake up at six in the morning and work until seven at night. I really hope I can help my father and my family improve their lives with my education. If my wish is fulfilled, it will be absolutely life changing and not just for me – for my whole family. Being able to make my dad’s life better would be extremely satisfying because those long hard days he spent in the fields would not be in vain.

Eliza, how did you spend your summer vacation? My dog at home is suddenly missing. I’m very worried! Right now the temperature change between day and night is big. I have many classmates who have colds. You both must take care of your bodies!

Right now, our study environment is very tense because the college entrance exams are coming up. So every day, I stay after school and study. I hope I can get into my dream college. Eliza, you also have to try your best!

Finally, I would like to thank you both again. I hope that your hearts are happy every day.

Hui Fang