Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 131 ~ Shan


Dear Gwei-Gwei Strong-Allen,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well in your life. I'm writing to you to extend my great thanks for your warm-hearted and timely help because without it, I would have already dropped out school.

I'm a freshman at my high school and my home is located in the countryside. I've always been a hardworking student because I believe that only by working hard in school, can I manage to find a decent job, get my family out of poverty and help others in need.

When I look back, I cannot help recalling memories of when I first learned I had been admitted to this high school. I felt a mixture of both sweetness and bitterness. On one hand, I felt happy that I had proved myself to be qualified to go on with my education. On the other hand, I was shaken by the fact that our family might not be able to afford my tuition fees because my sister was doing her junior high school years at the same time. However, my parents managed to borrow some money to register me for school.

It was here at the high school that I first learned about this scholarship program. After I filed my application, I heard that I would be sponsored. I felt such a relief for my family and I knew it was you who I should thank for my whole life.

I promise you that I will cherish my school years here and never give up. I will fight for my dream of going to a military school for college. For me, being a soldier and serving my country has always been a divine call of my heart. They are the rock of this country, they are my idols.

Thanks again for your help. With it, I know I can fly closer to my dreams. I wish you are happy and safe.

Yours sincerely,

Shan