Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 125 ~ Qihong


Dear Students at Rye Elementary School,

Hello everyone! Once again let me thank you all!

Let me tell you a bit about my life. This summer, I didn’t go to work at the factory. I stayed at home instead, helping to take care of my grandparents and little sister. I also helped around the house doing chores; sweeping, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, etc. By doing these things, I hoped to lessen my parents’ burden as much as possible. Sometimes I would read books, preparing for what I’ll learn next semester.

The most memorable and enjoyable thing I did this summer was attending the famous Li Yang’s “Crazy English Teaching Method” English classes. Right now I’m committed to memorising a short essay every week, so as to get better at English. My favourite place to go during the summer was in the alleyway outside my home’s door. There, at night, I could see a sky filled with stars, all of them looked like blinking eyes. Everywhere around me it was quiet and tranquil.

I’m so happy to be back at school this year so that I can learn more about useful things that will help me later when I go to work at a job. I also hope to learn important lessons of life too. I like the surroundings of my school the best. I really enjoy walking around school when there is nobody around and enjoying the peaceful and quiet environment.

Right now, I’m hard at work studying so that I may get into one of my dream colleges, so that I can fulfil my dream of helping those in need. My hope is that everyone in the world who needs help will get it. That way, the world would become a much better place!

Thanks again!
Best wishes,

Qihong