Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 026 - Jinfeng


Dear Iris, Laurel, and Elise

Hi! The new semester has begun. I have a new English teacher who is nice and generous. My favorite subject is history. I really have a lot of fun learning about my country’s past. At school I get along well with my classmates. After the new semester started, I met more friends. I share my interests and problems with them. They also try their best to help me. We learn, play and talk together. I am becoming more and more outgoing!

During my summer vacation, I continued to study. In addition to reviewing my lessons, I also did my best to help my parents and I really enjoyed hiking and reading during my vacation.

My home is in a remote countryside village surrounded by huge mountains. My home is right at the base of one of the mountains. There are endless green farms and beautiful scenery. My home is in a village where the people are friendly. I like to chat with them and listen to their stories of ancient myths.

My parents are farmers. Even though we raise animals, we mainly eat corn and potatoes. My parents work hard so that is why I did my best to help them during my vacation. I cannot go home frequently unless there is a vacation because my home is so far away from school. However, my school life is good, so I don’t feel sad being miles away from home. I am self-confident enough to turn myself into an independent person.

New school year, new challenge! I am not doing as well in math as I would like. I would like to use this year to build up my skills. Being at this school is important. My school offers not only a good atmosphere, but also humorous and experienced teachers and passionate and energetic classmates. Our class is just like a big family full of happiness. When I have free time, I usually play basketball or badminton with my friends. My teachers and classmates give me the faith to believe in myself.

Life at school is lovely and meaningful. I learn a lot here and make a lot of friends. With my teacher’s help and your help and care I am always ready for tomorrow.

I wish you good health and happiness!

Jinfeng