Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GD 140 ~ Yong Fang

Dear Mitchell Family,

How are you doing?!

When I read the letter you sent to me, I felt very warm. On behalf of my family and myself, I would like to thank you for your help. I will study hard to repay your kindness. I can feel the love and spirit of your family, especially Jan. Jan, you are so great. You are such a good mother who spreads your love around.

Since I was little, I have had a dream to become a teacher and to make a contribution to society. I know it's not easy to be a teacher. I have to study hard. Even when my father asked me not to study any more, I still insisted and told him that I had to go to high school because it's my only way out. My father was moved by my confidence.

A few months ago, when I received the notice of admission to this high school, I was happy and sad at the same time. I felt happy because I wanted to go to high school very much. But when I thought about the tuition, I lost my passion. That was a hard time for me. My parents tried to persuade me not to go to high school and I was very sad.

Now, I have received this precious chance. I was so happy that I had a really sweet dream the night I learned of my scholarship. Now, I can see a bright road in front of me. I will do my best to study for the future of my family and for the dream in my heart. All of this is because of you.

If I can graduate from university, I will spread your spirit and your love and help other poor students like me.

Yours,

Yong Fang