Tuesday, January 19, 2010

YN 052 - Xun Lian


Dear Bill, Karen, Ryan and Corrin,

I’m really thankful for your support. Because of your support, the economic burden has been lifted from the shoulders of my aged parents. I won’t need to worry about whether I have to drop out of school because my father and mother cannot pay for my tuition.

I tried very hard in junior high school because I wanted to improve my family’s situation and contribute to my family who has given so much to me. Through my effort, I was finally admitted to this senior high school. When I got the admission notice, my family members and I were all happy.

Even though we were all happy, my parents worried about whether my family could afford this expensive tuition. Then, all of my family fell into gloom. I thought that I should give up my school work to reduce the burden on my family. However, I didn’t want to do that because if I gave up going to school because we are poor, then I would also be poor for the rest of my life.

No matter what happened, I knew I must keep on working hard. I believed that with effort, I would succeed someday. My parents also agreed that I should keep on studying but we didn’t know what to do about the tuition. Not long after I got accepted to this school, I learned that I would receive your help. I was really touched. I will study hard to repay your kindness with my grades. I want to become a person that has a great heart and that contributes to society just like you. I won’t fall short of your expectations! I will prove it by my actions!

By the way, I want to tell you that my biggest dream is to be admitted to one of the top universities. After I finish college, I am sure I can get a good job. Then, I can contribute more to my family and improve their poor situation as well. I will then fulfill my dream to help people in need and to become a person who spreads love.

Christmas is coming soon. I wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart. I also wish your family health. I hope that everything will go well in your life, that your whole family is happy, that work goes smoothly and that you do great in your studies.

Thank you for your concern and help.

Xun Lian